Thursday, June 16, 2011

Contemporary Abstract Expressionist Oil Painting by Brad Rickerby

City
12" x 12"
 Abstract Oil Painting on Canvas
Painting by Brad Rickerby
Available for sale.

This is an old favorite of mine. It doesn't have the sophistication that my newer painting are beginning to aspire to, but it does have a sense of whimsy and playfulness that I like. The paint was applied with palette knives. The texture, such as the windows and the spires on the building were created with several different tools - basically, whatever was close by on the table that looked like it would create an interesting mark. We are talking about brushes turned upside down, or the palette knife with teeth turned on its side. I did a whole series of these urban paintings and I'm going to bet that you see more here soon.

As always, you can purchase the painting or a fine art print of same. Please contact me at brad@bradrickerby.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment