Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Contemporary Abstract Expressionist Watercolor Painting by Brad Rickerby

Before Coffee, Watercolor Ink on Paper
Painting by Brad Rickerby
Original Sold, Fine Art Prints Available

The title says it all. This painting was created before I had had my morning coffee. I refuse responsibility for anything I do before coffee in the AM. I don't know what got into me the morning I created this. I took a large piece of watercolor paper and started putting high pigment colorful watercolor ink on. I would cover the first layer with wax paper so that it would smooth and blend. When the ink was almost dry I took off the wax paper and started dropping in more inks of different colors.. When the paper was all but dry, I splattered on some watercolor paint. The watercolor paint was just wet enough to splatter.

When I was finished I got some coffee, thankfully. It wasn't until a couple of days later that I looked back at my creation and found that I rather liked it.

The original painting is sold. You can however purchase Fine Art reproductions of this work. Drop me an email at brad@bradrickerby.com for details.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this too. I have been thinking about learning to do water colors. Waiting until the summer when more money is coming in to invest in the paints and paper.

    ReplyDelete