Thursday, March 3, 2011

Contemporary Abstract Expressionist Colorful Acrylic Painting by Brad Rickerby

Seascape in Red, 24 x 18 x 7/8", Acrylic on Canvas
Painting by Brad Rickerby
Available for Sale.

I've begun working on larger canvases. The size gives me more room for sweeping gestures, big splashes of paint and for my emotions to run free. I've never been much for the tiny run of paint that a smaller canvas requires, but limited space always kept me to about 11 x 14 in size. Onward and upward!

Red is a color that requires attention. It is hot. It is emotional. It is passionate. The yellow layer under the red on the bottom of the painting creates an orange, which is fitting for a red to rest on. I see this painting as sea and sky. I've always been a nut for the ocean, so perhaps everything abstract becomes an ocean for me. Here, the red sky is resting on a choppy, and very textured sea. Both ocean and sky are endless.

This painting is done on gallery wrap canvas. The colors continue on to the sides of the painting. It is, therefore, ready to hang. The original painting as well as high quality reproductions on canvas and paper are available. Please contact me at brad@bradrickerby.com for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment