Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Contemporary Abstract Expressionist Colorful Acrylic Painting by Brad Rickerby

Freedom, 20 x 20 x 1.5" Acrylic on Canvas
Painting by Brad Rickerby
Available for purchase

This is the kind of painting that I like to create. It is free and loose and shows emotion and fun with a little bit of whimsy thrown in for good measure. It has three layers interspaced with gloss medium for depth. The base coated is followed by a dark blue and purple level, which creates a shadow effect for the top layer. I picked bright colors for the top layer because, in the end, I love color. I then use a couple of different one inch brushes and a large fan, tried to clear my mind and to the notes of a Bach Concerto, let emotion guide my brush strokes. I think I was in a great mood.

This painting is gallery wrapped with its sides painted. It is available for purchase and ready to be hung immediately. Please contact me at brad@bradrickerby.com if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment