Sunday, February 27, 2011

Contemporary Abstract Expressionist Colorful Acrylic Painting by Brad Rickerby

Haltingly, 6 x 12" Acrylic on Canvas
Available for Sale

I like to work fast. There is some sort of catharsis in speed. If I create something I like, it is wonderful. But I create an awful lot that goes into the "Learning Experience" pile, and thus have to look for that cathartic moment all over again.

This one was fast. The technique makes it that way, like it or not. I use soft body acrylic paint, the kind that you can squeeze out onto the canvas. I use many different colors. Then I run them all together with a large palette knife. When you are done you either have a masterpiece or a piece of junk. For this particular painting I mixed in some hard body acrylic to give the paint a little more form on the finished product.  Same process though.

No comments:

Post a Comment