Sunday, February 20, 2011

Contemporary Abstract Expressionist Acrylic Painting by Brad Rickerby

A Moment, 6 x 12 x 1.5", Acrylic on Canvas
Available for Purchase

This one was REALLY fun to create. If only because it creates a huge mess. I wanted something simple, just a couple of colors, compliments blended to mute each other and create some depth and perhaps mystery. As you can see, I got carried away and didn't really do simple. I took some yellows and some reds and blues to blend for the purples, added glazing medium and just started pouring. I like to suggest to the colors where they want to go, but in the end the colors decide. I kept pouring, they kept mixing beautifully. Even the mess had great colors. Next I do larger so I can make a really big mess.

You can see more of my work at www.colorlightmovement.com. If you want to contact me I'm at brad@bradrickerby.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment