Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Contemporary Abstract Expressionist Watercolor Floral Painting by Brad Rickerby

Abstract Floral, 6 x 9", Watercolor on Paper
Available for purchase

Sometimes I feel like going very simple. When I do I get out the watercolors. I think the simplicity desire comes from my adoration of asian art (although my paintings don't really look asian). This image was created quickly, almost in a hurry. It is so simple that it is almost silly. First a wet wash of blue. Then oranges, reds and purples for the flowers, applied with mop brushes, with a little twist motion at the end. The stems were drawn with two shades of green watercolor pencil. Simple, silly, fun, that is how I think of this work.

For questions, I am always reachable at brad@bradrickerby.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment