Sunday, February 13, 2011

Contemporary Abstract Expressionist Oil Painting by Brad Rickerby Cityscape

Red Sky over City, 12 x 12" Oil on Paper
Available for sale

Have I mentioned lately that the works you see here are available both as the original artwork and as Fine Art Giclee reproductions. Check out www.colorlightmovement.com for more information. And while I'm at it, I have a photography blog as well at http://bradrickerby.blogspot.com.

This work was created entirely with palette knives. I like working with knives because of their distinctive marks, ability to move large amounts of paint and because the clean up is so much easier. There are four different colors of red in the sky and several blues and greens in the buildings. I love cities. Most of my photographic career (of some 20 years) has been dedicated to capturing the feeling of cities. It is only natural, I think, that that passion should carry over to my paints. You can see the photographs at my blog referenced above.

No comments:

Post a Comment