Saturday, May 21, 2011

Contemporary Abstract Expressionist Acrylic Painting by Brad Rickerby

On The Run
6 x 12"
 Abstract Liquid Acrylic Painting on Paper
Painting by Brad Rickerby
Available for sale.


More setting my self free. I want to play with colors, to ignore line, form and composition. I want the painting to be about the interplay of the colors, how they change as they mix and intermingle. To hell with structure and restrictions. Just live. Just breathe!

I curled the paper and then set it on a downward slope, so the liquid acrylics would just run down the paper, leaving a trail of color behind them. Some of the paint I threw, some I just let spill on the sides and from the top. The paint pooled at the bottom into and ugly gray. So I chopped the bottom off.

I adore freedom!

Contact me at brad@bradrickerby.com for questions. comments or to buy the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment