Monday, April 18, 2011

Contemporary Abstract Acrylic Palette Knife Painting by Brad Rickerby

Brilliance #2
6 x 6 x 7/8" Acrylic on Canvas Painting
Ready to be Hung
by Brad Rickerby
Available for sale, prints also available

This will be a short description. I set out to refine the techniques that I used in Brilliance #1 (see below). First, I knew this is what I wanted the outcome to look like from the beginning. So I set out with a plan that follow the experiment that I had previously used. I wanted more of the undertone dark colors to show through (which provides more depth and dimension to the creation) and I wanted the knife strokes to mix more colors within themselves.  Lastly I wanted the composition to be less linear. The idea was to let the more tightly planned painting look freer. I think I accomplished what I set out to, but that both paintings have qualities that are respectively better than the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment